COVID-19 Results Guidance
After you have received the results of your COVID-19 test, there are steps that you can take immediately to relieve your symptoms, protect your self from becoming infected in the future, or mitigate any potential spread within the community.
If COVID-19 was detected in your test, you are positive and will need to follow these instructions.
If you are having any of the following “serious” symptoms, please go to the emergency room or call 911:
- Trouble breathing / shortness of breath
- Chest pain / pressure
- New confusion
- Inability to wake
- Bluish lips or face
Recommended home care:
- Plenty of rest and fluids to say hydrated
- Vitamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D have clinically and anecdotally been found to be beneficial
- If symptoms worsen or you have any of the “serious” symptoms listed above, please call 911
- Monoclonal Antibody Treatment is recommended
- If you had symptoms, you should quarantine until you can answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Has it been at least 10 days since you first had symptoms?
- Has it been at least 72 hours (3 days) since you have had a fever without using fever-reducing medicine?
- Has it been at least 72 hours (3 days) since your other symptoms have improved?
- If you did not have symptoms, you should stay home and isolate until 10 days have passed since the start of your first positive COVID-19 diagnostic test, assuming you did not develop symptoms since your positive test.
Work status instructions:
- Please discuss your employers return to work policy regarding retesting
- The CDC recommends 2 negative PCR tests, 24 hours apart
If COVID-19 was not detected in your test, you are negative.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) continues to recommend:
- Wash your hands often throughout the day
- Avoid close contact with others and practice good social distancing
- If you have to be around others, cover your mouth and nose with a mask
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect your home and other surfaces as often as possible
- Monitor your health daily
Receiving Results Quickly:
In order to report testing results quickly, you will receive a text message when your result is ready. If you consent to receive the result via text, you will be asked to provide additional information to confirm your identity. If you consent and provide the additional verification requested, your test results (positive or negative) will be texted to the mobile number you provide. StarMed cannot guarantee that texting is completely secure.