High blood pressure (hypertension) can quietly damage your body for years before any symptoms appear. Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to serious health complications, including a deadly heart attack or stroke.
Now, you can monitor your blood pressure from the comfort of your home with a new program StarMed is offering.
StarMed’s remote patient monitoring program provides you access to monthly telehealth visits and a home blood pressure monitoring device valued at $100. The program is free to patients who have insurance.
What are the benefits of the remote monitoring program, and how does it work?
- You will receive a telehealth visit with a provider each month, usually lasting between 20 and 60 minutes.
- You agree to take your blood pressure at least 16 times each month.
- Your readings automatically come back to a StarMed provider.
- If your readings are out of range from where they should be, you will be contacted by the provider.
- The blood pressure monitoring device is free, and yours to keep.
- Your medical information remains secure throughout the process.
Join this program, and from your home, you can help monitor your hypertension and improve your health.
If you have high blood pressure, register now by calling us at 704-941-6000.
If you haven’t been diagnosed with hypertension, you’ll need to visit a StarMed clinic to be tested and then sign up.